Sunday, July 4, 2010

You've Gotta Make You're Own Kind of Music...Sing You're Own Special Song

So I've always been a little bit jealous of how amazingly talented my boyfriend is at graphic design. I really love design. I do a lot of research and read all the books and magazines, but I've never had the guts to try it out myself, so when my friend asked me to make an ending illustration for his movie, I jumped at the chance! I know, I should really be concentrating on packing, but this was a great opportunity to prove to myself that I have the ability to do a little graphic design work.


I now know why fine art is for me. As fun and interesting as this was, I wasn't as passionate about it as I am with my "own" work. It's something about making another person's ideas and visions come to life that made me less enthusiastic. This was a really nice experience though, and another line to add to my resume. Here ya have it:

The first image is the original image, which then transitions into my piece. My piece will be the final scene in the documentary. The director wanted a comic book superhero-esque feel to it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment